As I told you guys in my last post, I'm moving soon into a rental home with two of my friends! We are all musicians, so it's no surprise that we're going to have a music stuff all around our house. Last week on Crafting a Green World I did this music wall art project and I thought I'd share it with you guys as well!
What You Will Need:
1. An empty frame. I used the one that I showed to you in this post-- yeah, the one where I got this amazing Ikea frame for $2 at a yard sale (it's originally $30 in stores).
2. Sheet music. I used the same sheet music I used in the Recycled Paper Brooch post. I'm so sorry if you're sick of sheet music! I just love it!
5. Any embellishments that you would like to add. I used my Silhouette Machine to cut out the words "music" and the bass clef heart.
How To Do It:
1. Take the cardboard backing out of your frame. If your frame doesn't have a cardboard backing, create your own out of an old pizza box or cardboard box.
2. Glue your recycled paper onto the cardboard. I mixed my glue with water to make a soup-like consistency. I feel like it spreads better and helps me not waste so much glue.
3. Once everything is dry, cut off the excess paper.
4. Add your embellishments. I used the same glue with water mix to attach them to the sheet music.
5. Once everything has dried, put your art into your frame.
I can't wait to hang it up in our new home! For my room, I'm also considering doing something similar with book pages and the phrase "write" or "create." What do you guys think? What could you create for your home? Everything I used in this project, I already had on hand-- so get creative!
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;