Guess what? Father's Day is right around the corner (June 17th)! I made this quick and cute craft for Crafting a Green World and wanted to show you all as well! I know it sounds boring, but most of the time we get my Dad a gift card or jeans (the man always asks for jeans!). He's so.. practical. To make a gift card a little more personal and fun, make this cute gift card holder "tool box."
What You Will Need:
1. A small box. I had this box left over from those little flavored packets you put in water.
2. Hot glue/hot glue gun.
3. Spray paint.
5. A magazine.
6. Sand paper.
How To Do It:
1. Hot glue the open end of your box together. I taped mine, but when I spray painted my box, it didn't blend well. Learn from my mistake and hot glue it instead :)
2. Draw a straight line across your box. Then, cut along the line, but don't cut the back part of your box. This top piece will become the "lid" of your tool box. (Side note: Take your time with your line. Make sure it's straight and make sure you cut it correctly. I didn't take my time and, as you can see, it kind of looks a little wonky. It might work better to use a box cutter instead of scissors as well-- be careful though!)
3. My box was very shiny, so I gave it a light sand before I spray painted it. I'm not sure if this is a necessary step, but it made me feel better.
4. Spray paint your box.
5. Look through your magazine to find two different colors-- a patch of black to cut out the handle and a patch of gray/white to cut out the latches.
6. In order for your handle to stand up on top of your box, fold the bottom like so:
When you glue it to your box, you will only put glue on the folded parts.
7. Hot glue your handle and latches onto the box.
You're finished! Now it's ready for a gift card! I love this project because you can make it for Father's Day, your dad's birthday, your husband's birthday, etc. So many possibilities!
What do you guys think!?
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;