Well, I'm probably in Florida right now as you read this-- I'm the maid of honor in my friend Stephanie's wedding (fancy, right!?). I wanted to leave you all with some more Father's Day inspiration, though, so here's a post I did last week on Crafting a Green World-- an eco-friendly Father's Day "tie pot." This amazing idea is from Ashley at Make It and Love It. She made an adorable tie pot from a terracotta pot. I loved her idea, but I wanted to make it a bit more eco-friendly for Crafting a Green World. So...here we go!
What You Will Need:
1. And empty coffee can or other tin can.
2. Spray paint. On Crafting a Green World, we always encourage using an eco-friendly, low VOC spray paint, if you can.
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. Magazine pages
How To Do It:
1. Remove the labels from your tin can. Rinse your can out and then dry it.
2. Spray paint your can. I decided to use the same blue I used for my Repurposed Cabinet Door: Part 2 post. As you saw from that post, my family loves the Florida Gators. Naturally, I went with an orange/blue theme.
3. Cut the shape of a tie out of your magazine. I found a page that had a large orange graphic and cut from there. There are some really cool designs/patterns in magazines that you could use for this, so be creative!
4. Hot glue your tie onto your tin can.
There are so many uses for this adorable tie pot.
Here are some of my favorite ideas:
1. Put your dad's favorite candy inside like Make It and Love It did!
2. Place a plant inside. I didn't have any "manly" plants on hand, but you'll probably want something more manly than this:
3. Put your dad's office supplies in it. (Dad's have colored calligraphy pens, right?)
4. Grab your dad's small tools (or buy him new ones!) and put them inside:
What would you put in your cute tie pot?
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;