Last week I did this post on Crafting a Green World and I thought it was too cute not to share on here too! If you're looking for some decor that screams summer, this project is perfect for you!
What You Will Need:
1. A water bottle
3. Sand of some sort. I used sand that you would put in a sandbox, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
4. Rocks. I used filler rocks (I don't know if that's their official title, but that's what I call them)-- you can find a whole bag of filler rocks at the dollar store!
5. A candle. I used a flameless LED candle, but you could also use a real tea-light candle.
How To Do It:
1. Cut off the top of your bottle. I cut off a little bit more than half way.
2. Fill your bottle with sand.
3. Put your candle into the sand. If you're using a candle with a flame, put more sand in your bottle so that it pushes the candle above the plastic. (Side note: I haven't used this with a real candle before, so please be careful-- you don't want your candle to melt the plastic or catch it on fire.)
4. Add your rocks.
You're finished! Doesn't it say "summer" to you? I can definitely see this on a patio table or even at beach/summer wedding! Since I don't have either of those lovely things, I put mine by my aqua lantern and I'm loving it!
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;