Are you ready for Mother's Day? Last week on Crafting a Green World I made this recycled paper Mother's Day brooch and I wanted to share it with you guys! I plan on giving it to my mom to wear on Mother's Day. Through the wonderful Pinterest, I came across two awesome tutorials that I kind of meshed into one-- one from Bargain Bound on how to make Sheet Music Flowers and one from Oh Happy Day on how to make DIY Paper Flower Corsages. So, with all that said.. here we go!
What You Will Need:
1. Sheet music or other recycled paper. I used some sheet music that I found at a thrift store, but you could also use newspaper, an old book, or magazine pages.
4. Hot glue/ hot glue gun
5. One button.
6. A brooch pin. Someone gave me a small bag of them (I love free stuff!!!!), but you can also find these at your local craft store.
7. A scrap piece of paper for a pattern for your petals. I used a paint chip!
How To Do It:
1. Follow Bargain Bound's tutorial on how to make the petals of the flower. I pretty much followed exactly what she said, so I don't feel like it would be fair to repeat the same steps on here! Show her some support and visit her site to see all of the steps :) This is what your flower should look like once you're done hot gluing the petals together:
2. Decide which button you want to hot glue to the middle of your flower. My mom's favorite color is yellow, so I chose yellow buttons. I tried a little yellow button first:
I liked the larger button, though, so this is what mine looked like:
3. Turn your flower over and glue the brooch pin to the middle of your flower like so:
Now your brooch is ready to wear!
It's so simple to make-- I'm planning on making one for my grandmothers as well! What do you guys think? I love your feedback so let me know what you think on my Facebook page or in the comment section below! :)
If you're looking for more Mother's Day ideas check these out:
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;