Hello friends! It's Friday!! I'm in Florida for the weekend celebrating Mother's Day with my fabulous and amazing mommy! I put this project up on Crafting a Green World and I wanted to share it with you guys too!
Instead of giving people roses, I love giving plants instead. They last longer and seem more worth it.. at least to me. Anyone out there agree with me? Anyway, if you plan on buying a plant for your Mom for Mother's Day, consider adding this cute plant "flag" for a little something special!
What You Will Need:
1. A stick
2. Paper. I used sheet music that I got a thrift store. (The same sheet music that I used for my Mother's Day Brooch tutorial.)
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
5. A marker. I used a black sharpie so it would show up on the sheet music.
How To Do It:
1. Go out into your yard and find a straight(ish) stick. This will become the pole of your "flag." Place your stick in your plant to see if you need to trim it a bit. Mine was a little bit tall so I had to cut it.
2. Cut a square out of your paper--this will become your flag. If you want to do the heart shape, though, cut a heart shape out of your paper.
3. With your marker or sharpie, write "Happy Mother's Day" on your flag. You can write "I love you" or "You're the best" as well.. it's up to you!
4. Hot glue your flag to your stick. For the regular flag, you will wrap it around your stick and hot glue it like so:
For the heart flag, though, you can just put one dot of hot glue on the stick and then press it to the center of your paper heart like this:
5. Put it in your plant!
Wasn't that so simple? It's such a simple project with a huge impact! It's the little details that matter the most, right?
You could also use this same idea and apply it to different occasions-- birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, graduations, etc. What would you use it for?
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;