Warning: This is most definitely a blabbing post with no pictures. But, it's fun and I would love for you to take the time to read it and give me your feedback!
Every year I try not to make resolutions because I don't want to be disappointed when I don't achieve them. That sounds terrible, doesn't it? I always tend to be negative when it comes to New Year resolutions. But, this year, I thought I'd change it up. I even did an Inspiration Board for the New Year! I want to write out some of my resolutions so that all of the internet world will see them.. and will therefore keep me accountable to achieve them, right? Right. There are only 10 for now... I might add more later. I definitely have more resolutions than this, but I didn't want to bore you all with my list of 100,000 resolutions! They're also in no particular order-- I just wrote them down as I thought of them. Here they are.. I would love all of your feedback :)
1. Get a new job. Ever since I graduated I've been bouncing around to different jobs, doing some writing things, band gigs, etc, but I don't have anything full time quite yet-- and I neeeeed something full time. I know God will have perfect timing for this!
2. Get a place of my own. This, of course, will come after I get a steady job. I am so appreciative of Crystal and her family allowing me to stay with them since I graduated, but I cannot wait to get my own place. I can get all of my stuff out of storage, decorate more, craft, etc.
3. Spend more time with the Lord. Why is this such a hard thing to do? Other things always seem to make me believe that they are more important, but that is simply not true. I need Him every. single. day.
4. Start a link party on my blog. I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I would really love to start a link party that only features new bloggers (bloggers who have 50ish followers or less). I feel like often times bigger bloggers get featured because they know what they're doing-- which totally makes sense, but doesn't allow anyone new to blog land to be featured. What do you guys think about this? Any feedback or advice?
5. Have more people share on Share Your Story Sunday. I know I haven't featured anyone lately, but I haven't had a lot of bloggers volunteer to share. It was also a hard time to get everything together because of Christmas and such. If you're interested in sharing on Share Your Story Sunday, please let me know! :)
6. Spend more time with family. I live in Georgia now, but I'm originally from Florida (my parents live there) so it's always hard to truly spend quality time with family. I know life can get crazy, but I really want to make sure that I remain close with my family-- whether it's on the phone, skyping, or in person.
7. Add more items to my Etsy store. I want to add more items so I can start fulfilling my overall vision for my blog/etsy-- which is giving a percentage of my profits to missions through the college I attended.
8. Be Healthier. If you read my post about my weight loss, you will know that being healthy is a constant struggle for me. I love to eat and I do not love to exercise. But, I know eating healthy and exercising is good for me. I just need to get motivated again to get back in "the groove" of healthier habits.
9. Do things that are outside of my comfort zone. I know this is a very general goal, but that's the point. This resolution may mean going to a place outside of my comfort zone, trying a new food, trying a project that I never thought I could do, apply for different jobs that may be intimidating to me, etc.
10. Be Happy. I'm happy this year, but I have to constantly remind myself to just.. breathe-- that things are okay, even if they're not what I expected them to be. I'm such a planner, but sometimes I just need to not plan and just go with life. I need to enjoy what the Lord has given me, be amazed by His plan, and let His joy be the light of my life.
So, what are your goals for the New Year?