Hello my blog friends! I'm so pumped to share a project I finished today! It's simple, cheap, quick, and fall-y (yes, that is a word). Anyway... I've been diligently collecting these for what seems like forever:
Why? So I could do projects like these:
[Side note: please pin from the original source so the credit goes to the right person! Thank you!]
But I also love projects involving trees/branches like these:
Then, I saw this yesterday and even though it's not made from toilet paper rolls, I thought, hmm.... color behind the toilet paper rolls? (sorry, I know this is long.. I'm getting there):
So basically... I put all of the elements I loved into one project:
What you need:
1. Despite the large amount of toilet paper/paper towel rolls I had above, you will only need two or three toilet paper rolls.
2. Three small art canvases. (I had these left over from my Po' Kids Wall Decoration post, but they are from Hobby Lobby-- a 2 pack is $3.99.)
How to do it:
1. Smush your toilet paper rolls like so:
2. Cut the toilet paper rolls. I cut mine about a 1/2 an inch each. After this step you could paint the leaves if you want them to be another color. However, I decided to keep the brown color-- one, because I know it would be a pain to paint them, two, I was too cheap to go buy spray paint, and three, I actually liked the brown color next to my branches... it seemed very "natural."
3. Glue your toilet paper rolls onto paper with elmer's glue. Yeah, it sounds weird.. but I think it's the easiest option instead of trying to cut paper exactly to the size of your "leaf"... I used scrap paper from my First Etsy Sale Card and a card I made yesterday. You can use whatever color/design of paper you would like, but I used fall colors (and colors that would compliment the living room). This picture is terrible, but still..
4. While your leaves dry, take your branches and hot glue them onto your canvases in a design you like. (Again, you could paint your canvas instead of leaving it white, but I'm too cheap and the white pops perfectly in the living room.) You will want to make sure your "main" branch lines up on all three canvases and also have an idea of where your leaves will fit. This is the step where I have to remind myself to have fun with it. I asked my roomie, Crystal, to do this part so it would be more random and not so perfect.
4. Once your leaves have dried, cut the excess paper off.
5. Hot glue your leaves to the canvas. Make sure you thin out the hot glue so you don't see a huge lump of hot glue under each leaf.
6. Hang it up.. and smile!
It's so.. fall.
And I love that I used things I already had in my craft stuff and I recycled toilet paper rolls!
Would it be bad to keep it up all year? I can't imagine just using it for fall!
Update: here are some more pictures that I took in better lighting!
Want your own branches/tp wall art? Buy one from my etsy shop!
Looking for more toilet paper projects? Check these out:
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Kammy's Korner; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Link Up with Me, Liz Marie; Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Get Schooled Saturday at Too Much Time on My Hands; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;